A chemical peel is a treatment in which an acid solution, alpha hydroxy acids (AHA), trichloroacetic acid (TCA), or phenol is applied to the skin to remove the damaged outer layers of the skin. A chemical peel enhances & smoothens the texture of the skin and is effective in treating blemishes, wrinkles and skin pigmentation. It helps exfoliate the outer layer of dead skin, revealing the new skin layer.Chemical peels help to renew the facial skin, getting rid of scars, blemishes, wrinkles, acne and acne marks.In addition to full-face rejuvenation, some chemical peels also help in spot reduction or stretch marks removal from other body parts.
Why consider Chemical Peels? They help in:
- Removing fine lines under the eyes and around the mouth
- Treating wrinkles caused by sun damage or ageing
- Improving the appearance of mild scars
- Treating acne
- Reducing age spots, freckles and dark spots
- Improving the look and the texture of skin
The best candidate considered for these treatment are fair skinned and light haired. Dark skinned people can also go for these treatments but they will have to settle for little lesser results. For severe skin sags, bulges and deep wrinkles you might want to check in with your dermatologic surgeon for an alternative treatment.
Types of Chemical Peels? There are 3 main types available categorized as superficial, medium, and deep.
- Superficial peels do not damage skin below the epidermis, the most superficial skin layer.
- Medium peels may reach to the superficial layer of the dermis, the deeper layer of the skin.
- Deep peels generally reach the deeper layers of the dermis.
Depending upon your condition the skin specialist at Skinnovation Clinics would suggest the required and most suitable peel.