Dr. Vivek Bindal
( Consultant Robotic, Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon )
Dr. Bindal is among the pioneer surgeons in South East Asia to bring Robotic Surgery in the field of Obesity (Weight loss) surgery. He has worked and published extensively in this field.
Dr. Bindal completed his MBBS and MS (General Surgery) from prestigious Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi. Thereafter, he did 2 year super specialty Fellowship of National Board (FNB) in Minimal Access Surgery from Sir Ganga Ram Hospital. Following this degree, Dr. Bindal did advanced fellowship in Robotic Gastrointestinal and Bariatric Surgery from University of Illinois at Chicago, USA. He also worked as a faculty member in Division of Metabolic & Weight Loss Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, USA. He has also been trained in Robotic and advanced laparoscopic surgery at centers of excellence around the world including IRCAD (Strasburg, France), International Robotic Training School (Grosseto, Italy), Celebration Health Florida Hospital (Florida, USA) etc.
He has one of the largest experiences in Robotic and Bariatric Surgery in South East Asia. He has published many research papers and book chapters in this field in reputed journals. He has been invited to speak on Laparoscopic, Robotic and Bariatric Surgery in various international and national conferences.
- Clinical Robotic Surgery Association (CRSA)
- Society of American Gastrointestinal & Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)
- European Association for Endoscopic Surgery (EAES)
- Society of Robotic Surgery (SRS)
- Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS)
- Society of Endoscopic & Laparoscopic Surgeons of India (SELSI)
Posts & Awards:
- Baxiram S. & Kankuben B. Gelot International Scholar award 2014 by American College of Surgeons, Chicago.
- Winner of Gloden Globe Video award in ASICON 2015, the annual conference of Association of Surgeons of India held at Gurgaon from Dec. 16 - Dec. 20, 2015.
- Best paper award in BPCON 2015, 25th annual conference of Indian Society of Hypertension held at ESIC Medical College, Faridabad from Nov. 20-22, 2015.
- Best paper award in SURGICON 2007 (Annual conference of Delhi state chapter of ASI) held at Maulana Azad Medical College in Nov. 2007.
- Appointed Associate Editor for Clinical Robotic Surgery Association website.