Mommy Makeover decision can be very exciting and a game changer in the way you view your body. It’s a treat to you as it restores the shape and appearance of a women body.
While Mommy Makeover is non- threatening, you may feel anxious and also little nervous in the week leading up to your procedure. You want to get completely sure and be prepared for the procedure before opting for it.
Below is the list of top 5 questions to ask at your consultation:
Am I a good candidate for the procedure?
It’s essential to be in good health foremost and discuss what your cosmetic goals are with the surgeon. And it’s best if you are finished with having children and done with the breastfeeding. There are other certain factors also that determine and help your surgeon to prepare an individual procedure to achieve the result. Be sure to discuss these with your surgeon. For example:
- What are your cosmetic goals?
- Are you still breastfeeding?
- How long has it been since you had your last child?
- Are you done having children?
Q.1) Which Procedure and Surgical techniques are recommended?
The next big step is to decide which procedure you want to get the desired results. As per your goals and preferences, you and your surgeon will discuss and determine the approach best for you. Once it’s decided, your surgeon will have a detailed discussion with you about surgical techniques best suited for you.
The most common procedure included in Mommy Makeover is Breast enhancement along with Lift, Liposuction and Tummy tuck. For reference, you might ask below-mentioned questions regarding the suited procedure for you:
For breastfeeding procedure:
- What are placement and implant options?
- How might implant placement affect scarring?
- Will I see the best result with the breast implant or breast lift or combination of both?
For tummy tuck and liposuction:
- Where will my incision be placed?
- Will l see the best result with a tummy tuck or liposuction will be included?
- How long will the procedure take?
Q.2) How long it will take for the scars to heal?
It is one of the most asked questions by women’s as it affects the appearance. Please keep in mind that, it may take up few weeks for a scar to fully mature and heal. However, an experienced surgeon will take care to place the scars in such a way that can be easily hidden or camouflaged by a swimsuit also.
Don’t worry; you would be able to see improvements in the appearance of your scars over the course of the next few months following your mommy makeover.
Q.3) What to expect during the recovery period?
There are a few precautions you need to take care of and it’s important to be aware of what to expect during the recovery period.
- Avoid lifting heavy weight. Give your scars time to heal properly.
- There would be some swelling, bruising and tightness during the first stage of recovery; however, it will diminish with time.
- The length of recovery will depend upon the type and duration of the procedure you opted for. However, most women take 1 to 2 weeks off from work to recover.
Q.4) When I will get the desired result?
Most of the women are elated with their improved contour results immediately after surgery.
For more information on Mommy Makeover, you may visit Skinnovation Clinics and book a consultation with the team of expert surgeons at the facility.